CAPE SPEAR LIGHTHOUSE ST JOHN'S NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA POSTCARD
One outsize, larger than usual, postcard showing the Cape Spear Lighthouse located in St John's. Newfoundland, Canada.
A lighthouse has operated at Cape Spear since September 1836. The original Cape Spear lighthouse was the second lighthouse built in Newfoundland; the first was built in 1810 at Fort Amherst, at the entrance to St. John's Harbour. In 1832, the first legislative assembly for the colony created a lighthouse board. Cape Spear was chosen as the site for a new lighthouse because it was on the rocky eastern coast near the entrance to St John's harbour.
Postcard has been posted and passed through both the Canadian and UK postal services. There is both a Canadian stamp and postal cancellation dated 25 VII 06.
There is FREE SHIPPING on this Postcard